Ogarita

Description

The Ogarita was built in 1864 by Lent in Conneaut, Ohio as a schooner for carrying coal. The ship went down as a result of a fire on October 29, 1905. The wreck is located 4 to 4.5 miles NNE of the north end of Thunder Bay Island. The wreck’s bow, keelson, and sidewalls are visible. The stern is missing.

Position

Lat:  N

Long:  W

Depth of wreck

20 to 25 feet

Size of wreck

Length: 147 feet

Beam: 39 feet

Sponsored by Thunder Bay Scuba