James Davidson

Description

The James Davidson was built in 1874 by James Davidson in Bay City, MI. The ship was a wooden steamer that carried coal. The ship foundered on October 4, 1883 by grounding on Thunder Bay Island reef while towing Middlesex schooner barge north from Buffalo. The wreck is broken up and drifted into deeper water after it grounded. The wreck is located near Thunder Bay Island light off of the shoal.

Position

Lat: 45 01 871 N

Long: 83 11 764 W

Depth of wreck

70 feet

Size of wreck

Length: 231 feet

Beam: 37 feet

Sponsored by Thunder Bay Scuba